Applications are now closed for the 2018 Macra na Feirme/ABP Leaders of the Year Awards (formerly the LDAs).
Applicants will be invited for interview in June/July. The results of the Leaders of the Year programme will be announced at county officer Training in September. Your attendance at county officer training in the past 2 years is included in the marking scheme, but does not exclude entry.
Those nominated or applying must be county officers elected in one of the following positions:
- Sports, Social & Travel
- National Council Rep
- Rural Youth Officer
- Any member of Macra na Feirme can nominate a County Officer for an award.
- Leaders can either be nominated or apply directly themselves. If one is nominated, they will be informed of their nomination and invited to complete a full application.
- A short listing process may apply to cater for an expected increase in applications.
- Those that progress (up to a maximum of 60 participants), will be interviewed by a panel which includes the President during June/July.
There are two categories of winner from this pool of participants, namely:
- County Leadership Award Winner
- Winner/recipient of a President’s County Leadership Medal.
Unsuccessful candidates at this point will receive written feedback and recommendations for improvement.
All winners of a County Leadership Award are eligible to win a Presidents County Leadership Medal, of which there will be a maximum of 20 winners in total. These 20 winners progress to the National Leadership Semi - Finals using the existing format, of which six progress to the final interview and three win an overall National Leadership Award.
Dates to Note:
Closing Date for applications and nominations: 19th May 2018
Interviews: 16th and 30th June 2018 and 14th July 2018
President Medal: 8th September 2018
National Leadership Semi Final: 16th October 2018
National Leadership Awards Final: Tuesday 27th November 2018
Marking Scheme for Application Form:
|Planning and Organising||15 marks|
|Problem Solving/Judgement||15 marks|
|Developing Others||15 marks|
|Leadership in setting or achieving and objective||15 marks|
|Personal Plan||25 marks|
Marking Scheme for Interview Stage:
|Planning and Organising||12 marks|
|Problem Solving/Judgement||12 marks|
|Developing Others||12 marks|
|Leadership in setting or achieving an objective||12 marks|
|Personal Plan||20 marks|
|Demonstration of ability to fulfil leader of the year role||15 marks|
|Presentation/Communication at interview||5 marks|