Representation on other agencies
Macra is a social partner farm organisation together with the IFA, ICMSA, ICOS and ICSA.
Macra is represented by the national president on the IFA National Council. The organisation is also represented on the boards of Teagasc, IFAC Accountants, NYCI and NESC. Macra also has representatives on many local and regional bodies.
Macra na Feirme is a member of the National Youth Council of Ireland, Rural Youth Europe and CEJA, the umbrella body for young farmers organisations in Europe.
Macra na Feirme is represented on the following outside agencies:
- Social Partnership
- Board of Teagasc
- Milk Quota Review Group
- National Economic and Social Council (NESC)
- Animal Health Ireland
- Harvest 2020 Activation committees
- IFA National Council
- Board of IFAC Accountants
- ICOS National Council
- NYCI Board
- Education Disadvantage Forum
- Teagasc Education Forum
- Rural Youth Europe Steering Committee
- Farm Safety Partnership Advisory Committee
- Integrated local development companies
- The group for the establishment of partnership farming in Ireland